Monday, December 27, 2010


Again, months have passed since I posted here. I do have to say that it is not so much for lack of interest but for the sheer awe at the simple challenges of life that have come to meet my family head on in this passing year 2010. Sometimes we are compelled to verbalize our experiences, sometimes silence would suffice. I felt the latter was more in order. The issue is not what these challenges were or how they affected my family's private life, the issue is to carry on with awareness. If you are standing on your two feet you have been blessed. Take nothing for granted - be affected by everything. Cherish your friends - without them you are lost, believe me. Live every moment like it is THE MOMENT. You can talk about it in your yoga class, but it is not the same as being there for that MOMENT, and if you have, you will understand what I am saying (in fact, I have not been to a yoga class this year - the whole plane of existence is now my yoga class, as the trivial saying goes, "my practice off the mat"). Don't worry about the little petty things - they annoy all of us, but in the end, this will not define how you've lived your day - that is, unless you let them to...
Show compassion, because you may not know when you want some too from the cosmic vortex. Step slowly over the threshold into 2011 - and be grateful for every moment of grace with your family and loved ones, who may be near or far. Many blessings to all, and wishes of health and harmony in 2011. Om Namah Shivaya.

4 comments:

Yonathan Ben Avraham said...

It is said that In Proverbs 18:22 "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD."

How does a man know that he has a "good wife"? The answer is: In a time of great trial. You are that GOOD WIFE, and I truly have G-d's good favor. I have always known that but no greater time that this past year.

As for your "moment" statements. The Great Rabbi Baal Shem Tov, said, once, "if you don't like the situation you are in, wait a moment, it will change". He refers to one's perception to a situation and the moment of meditation that must be done in order to change one's perception. You have taught me that as well. You are my greatest gift from the Almighty. You are my greatest blessing.
J.L.

Ms. Green-Clean said...

Beautifully put, Margarita. Thanks for your honesty.

Best wishes to you and yours for a healthy, harmonious, well-lived 2011!

Margarita said...

Honored... as the great sage Sri Pattabhi Jois said, "Practice, and all shall be coming..." ... and that is all we can do while we have breath left...

Lisa said...

"my practice off the mat"

I don't think that's trivial at all -- I really like it, and its implications for mindfulness. I will keep that one in my head, thank you.

Parle-leur de batailles, de rois et d'éléphants by Mathias Énard My rating: 5 of 5 stars This is an amazing book, and I was fortuna...